Get Rolling! Series
Get Rolling! Series
Saturdays, 11:00-12:00 pm (2/17, 2/24, 3/2)
Get Rolling...in the ballroom!
Want to skate but don't know how to begin?
Returning to skating after a long break?
Thinking about skating but afraid of getting injured from falling?
If you answered yes to any of these, this is the class for you!
Roller skating can be scary and intimidating for beginners, but it doesn't have to be! In this three-class series you'll learn proper techniques to get you rolling in a safe, controlled space. Brand new & beginner skaters will learn foundational skills, including:
- Stand and balance on skates
- Fall down safely and get up properly
- Start and stop
- Turn around
- Balance on one foot
- Forward Stride: slow, controlled skating
This series is limited to six participants so that each skater can receive individual attention. Our small class size creates a safe and non-intimidating space where new skaters can support each other and learn. By the end of this series, you'll have the skills and confidence to continue skating on your own! This series is a great precursor to Foundational Skills.
- This series requires advance online registration, which closes two hours prior to the first class start time & is limited to 6 participants. A minimum of 3 is required to avoid class cancelation.
- To join this series within two hours prior to start time, please contact us no later than 30 minutes prior to the first class start time to ensure availability. We will respond immediately to let you know if space is available!
- Instructor: Bex Burton
- Class location: The Avalon Ballroom in Boulder (Classes are held in ballroom, on a 5,000 sq ft wood floor.)
- Gear: Roller skates, wrist guards, elbow & knee pads*
- All participants must complete the one-time liability waiver before your first class.
- Please try to arrive 5-10 minutes early so you can gear up and be ready to roll!
- Scholarships available! Please contact us for more info or questions.
*We have a limited amount of quads, inlines, quads, and safety gear available to rent from our Skate Library. Please contact us for gear requests. Any safety gear is welcome - knee & elbow pads, wrist guards, helmets. Please choose the safety gear that will help you to feel safe as you learn!
It's never too late to learn how to skate!